Version 4.6.1-201909231407 is a new release; the main changes are the addition of support for the new xPack Dev Tools and performance fixes for the CMSIS Packs manager.
- c424f652 - [Issue:#351]
in the initial implementation, the binary tools were grouped in the
@gnu-mcu-eclipsescope; since most of them were not related to Eclipse, they were moved to a separate
@xpack-dev-toolsscope; the Eclipse plug-ins were updated to support multiple xPack names and add the new names in the
@xpack-dev-toolsscope were added to each plug-in.
The commands to install the new xPack are:
$ xpm install --global @xpack-dev-tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc@latest --verbose $ xpm install --global @xpack-dev-tools/openocd@latest --verbose $ xpm install --global @xpack-dev-tools/qemu-arm@latest --verbose $ xpm install --global @xpack-dev-tools/riscv-none-embed-gcc@latest --verbose
Other new features
- 60359ef5 - [Issue:#362] Show version date in Packs View
- 69ec486e - [Issue:#359] Add support for TrustZone (
- a90aeb0f - [Issue:#335] Retrieving the package size for some CMSIS packages (like Silicon Labs) failed due to the server sending the file in chunks and requiring a more complex processing; fixed.
- 7342e6d4 - [Issue:#336] In certain conditions, computing the cluster address in the Peripheral registers view failed since the increment was not identified properly fixed.
- e6de2688 - [Issue:#347] Due to a problem in CDT, using libraries with spaces in names failed the build; fixed, and the issue was reported to Eclipse maintainers (551089)
- 142eee35 - [Issue:#341] When initialising the CMSIS Packages plugin, if the location was changed from the default, the
Packagesfolder was still created in the default location; fixed.
- 22bd0c77 - [Issue:#346] The size reserved for the xPack version was too small on GNU/Linux; fixed.
- 8410a731 - [Issue:#343] Due to a typo in SvdUtils, the ‘t’ prefix (for tera) was not recognised; fixed.
- 0eff481e - [Issue:#340] In order to accept more legal content in the IP address field of the J-Link Debug plug-in, the validator was removed and any characters are now allowed.
CMSIS Packs default location
- 4345cd17 - [Issue:#357]: in the initial implementation, the default location of CMSIS Packs was in the same folder as the workspace; when using multiple Eclipse workspaces, in different locations, this resulted in multiple CMSIS Packs folders; to avoid this, the default location of CMSIS Packs was changed from the current workspace folder to a unique folder in the user folder.
The new location is platform dependent:
It is also possible to change these defaults by using the
The new default applies when installing new Eclipse environments; for
compatibility reasons, if an
existing environment contains a
Packages folder in the same location as
the workspace, then it will be used as before.
- 2b053de3 - [Issue:#338] the list of accepted devices/architectures was (
-march) was updated for GCC 8.x;
- 94409173 - [Issue:#358] the list of accepted compiler standards (
-std=) was updated for GCC 9;
- 7ee535e6 - [Issue:#360] the Refresh All action in the Packs view was optimised and the pack size is retrieved only for the latest version;
- 903b4537 - [Issue:#361] the CMSIS Packs manager now accepts to install recent packages up to CMSIS Packs v1.6.0 specs;
- 69090d90 - [Issue:#355] given the change in processing ABI warnings in GCC, the project templates no longer pass
-Wabito the created projects.
For convenience, this version of the plug-ins is also available as an Eclipse package:
- GNU MCU Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 2019-09 20190923 which packs together the 2019-09 version (Eclipse 4.13) of the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers standard distribution with the GNU MCU Eclipse plug-ins.
For historical reasons, packages using the previous Eclipses are also available:
- GNU MCU Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 2019-06 20190923 which packs together the 2019-06 version (Eclipse 4.12) of the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers standard distribution with the GNU MCU Eclipse plug-ins;
- GNU MCU Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 2019-03 20190923 which packs together the 2019-03 version (Eclipse 4.11) of the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers standard distribution with the GNU MCU Eclipse plug-ins;