GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins v2.8.1-201504061754 released
Version 2.8.1-201504061754 is a new release; the main improvement is the addition of an experimental QEMU Debugging plug-in, using the GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU emulator.
- GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU 2.2.92-20150404*-dev released
- the QEMU Debugging plug-in was added
The following bugs were addressed:
- [bugs:#176] in certain conditions, changing the newlib destination folder in the STM template wizard resulted in an error; fixed
In the projects generated by the templates, the following issues were addressed:
- [bugs:#177] the vectors table for STM32F411 projects had a range of vectors generated twice; fixed
- when generating semihosted projects, the infinite loop was replaced by a finite loop; the number of loops is taken from argv.
- QEMU emulates only Cortex-M3 instructions; specific Cortex-M4 instructions are not supported;
- the QEMU emulator supports a limited set of ARM system registers, like those controlling SysTick, and the NVIC; vendor specific peripherals are not yet supported;
- the 64-bit Windows version of QEMU has some DLL problems and fails to start; until a solution is found, the 32-bit version of QEMU can be used on Windows 64-bit too.